Something for my feminist theory class.
I’d love to see the reactions to this from a crowd. I can kind of imagine a quiet, solemn understanding from the ladies and a lot of confused questions from the guys… If my memory of art school serves me.
In 9th grade English we read Laurie Halse Anderson’s “Speak”. For those of you who haven’t read it, the author makes it abundantly clear that the teenage protagonist, Melinda, was raped, before the protagonist actually says it.
Our English teacher asked the boys in the class what happened to Mel. They came up with the most ridiculous answers. Every girl in the class just knew.
This just goes to show…
Not all men menace women, but yes all women have felt menaced by a man.
Every girl understands this because every girl knows the fear implicit in this image.
Here’s a first look at the show I worked on at Cartoon Network!
This looks absolutely amazing. Took my breath away a little.
it looks very Takashi Nakamura
let’s just make these art series into a thing, you guys, lets give this a billion views
this wins Halloween
Tutorials (episode 01) - Freezer Paper Stencils
Our first tutorial video has gone live!
I’m always getting asked about the Freezer Paper stencils that I use when painting fabric, so faidflourite and I decided to do our first video on it!
Special thanks to skrapsy for teaching me in the first place. <3
We hope you’ll join us for more tutorials, CMVs and other cosplay-related videos in the future! Thanks for watching!
What if verbal abuse left the same scars as physical abuse? Would it be taken more seriously? That’s what photographer Richard Johnson hopes to accomplish with his new photo project, “Weapons of Choice.”
The series uses a makeup artist to put bruises and scars on photo subjects. Embedded in these violent marks are some hateful words typically associated with abuse, such as “Stupid,” “Dumb,” “Trash” and others that are much, much worse.
What if verbal abuse left the same scars as physical abuse
I have no idea how any, let alone all of you, got here, but now that you’re here I’ve decided to host a GIVEAWAY to thank you all for clicking the follow button! Who doesn’t like a giveaway? Rhetorical question, everybody does. :D <3
PRIZES! Because prizes are what everyone likes to hear about:
- FIRST PLACE is your choice of a 2,000+ WORD DRABBLEFIC, OR a CG FULLBODY of a single character of your choice!
- SECOND PLACE is your choice of a 1,000+ WORD DRABBLEFIC, OR a CG HALFBODY of a single character of your choice!
- THIRD PLACE is a CG HEADSHOT of a character of your choice!
- MUST BE FOLLOWING ME. Of course. It’s a follower giveaway. You can follow after the start of the giveaway of course but don’t do it if you’re just gonna unfollow right afterward. Like. That’s just fokken rude, man.
- ONE LIKE, ONE REBLOG. So I can keep track of you. Gives everyone a fair shake, saves dashes from getting spammed, and makes my life easier.
- NO SIDEBLOGS, GIVEAWAY BLOGS, etc. Come on.
Giveaway ends SATURDAY, OCTOBER 11th at 10pm EST (USA). That’s about it! Thank you again - and GOOD LUCK! <: <3
Remember when I blindly hated Russel Brand? I fucked up.
"They’re in a better position to judge than I am."
I think this is how most open minded people who value communication, connection, and are willing to learn from others think.
…Did… Did Russel Brand just explain how to react to being called out on something?